Forgotten Race Saving Grace

Forgotten Race Saving Grace - Tina Huerta I really wanted to like this book. It's the first book I've ever won from a giveaway, and it has an incredibly beautiful cover. Unfortunately, it wasn't for me. I am a composer, and I have a bad habit of reading poetry for the potential it has to be set to music. I call it a bad habit because I enjoy poetry more for what it can become then for what it already is. I could not find any rhythm or melody to this poetry, I can't see it being set to music unless it is dissonant, modernist music (for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ0Vk4wOsEU) I respect dissonant music, but that doesn't mean I like it, and I don't understand this poetry at all. I know there are other people who enjoy this kind of modernistic poetry, but it's not for me.

The other complaint I have against the book is the poem 'XII Hanged Man.' It's possible I am taking this poem the wrong way, but I have received enough insults for my faith that I have gotten sensitive to people saying things that may or may not be intended as an insult, and it does seem to me that the title is a dis to Pope Pius the XII. I find it quite ironic that Goodreads would give a book with an insult (or possible insult) to that pope to someone who read [b: The Pope's Jews: The Vatican's Secret Plan to Save Jews from the Nazis|15792736|The Pope's Jews The Vatican's Secret Plan to Save Jews from the Nazis|Gordon Thomas|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1344317900s/15792736.jpg|21514661].