Frozen Footprints

Frozen Footprints - Therese Heckenkamp I hate to admit it, but the first words out of my mouth upon finishing this book were; "I hate you." I don't of course, but that was a tortuous cliff hanger. Especially for a book that wasn't intended to have a sequel (it's a good thing that it is going to after all.)

I was delighted to see how far Therese Heckencamp's writing has come when compared with [book: Past Suspicion]. Granted, I read the 2003 edition of that book, even though the author requested that readers read the re-release version instead. I was up late into the night reading this book.

There were a number of parts that made me feel nauseous and squeamish. This book has a lot more violence then 'Past Suspicion' did, but I still managed to enjoy the suspense and character growth. I hate to admit it, but the first words out of my mouth upon finishing this book were; "I hate you." I don't of course, but that was a tortuous cliff hanger. Especially for a book that wasn't intended to have a sequel (it's a good thing that it is going to after all.)

I kept hoping that the Charlene's grandfather would see the error of his way, but alas, he had no visitation from any spirits, past, present or yet-to-come. Charlene and Max were likeable, and they both experienced character growth in the book, though it is rather difficult to pinpoint any of the spots where they were growing, and, while I never disliked Charlene, I found myself liking her better as she grew. Clay also experienced a lot of character growth and it was much easier to see that his occurred almost whenever Charlene got hurt.

Ugh, why name the evil-possessed villain Abner though. That name always makes me think of Alice Pierce as Gladys Kravitz yelling; "Abner! Abner! " and trying to convince him she saw Samantha Stephens doing something impossible.